Hey, ho, I appear to have turned 36. Officially on the road to the big 4-0. Blimey, let's not even think too hard about that one.
Anyway, after last year's birthday list, here's this year's. A few things on there carried over from last year and lots of exciting new things to do too. Here goes:
1. Cook a brand-new dish every month Yes - and discovered Jamie O's fab 30-minute curry feast
2. Lose 10lbs ER... got pregnant. Can it be gain 10 lbs?
3. Go to the cinema every month Done! Favourites were Midnight in Paris and Searching for Sugarman
4. Have a monthly lunch date with Dave Done!
5. Visit Jacob's market Done!
6. Go away overnight for our wedding anniversary
7. Sell some of my prints in my friend's pop-up shop Er... the shop stopped popping up
8. Declutter and carboot In progress
9. Bake a new bread every week
10. Go to Westonbirt Aboretum in autumn Done!
11. Make 52 lists In progress
12. Swim in the sea Done!
13. Climb the Garth every season Sort of done, until pregnancy SPD kicked in!
14. Photograph my grandmother Done!
15. Master 5 songs on the ukulele Done! Foundations by Kate Nash, Sloop John B, Ring of Fire, You and I by Ingrid Michaelson,Anyone Else from Juno soundtrack
16. Teach Gwen to ride a bike Getting there...
17. Continue the Mothers and Daughters project
18. Get some polaroid film and use it
19. Visit the 3rd Floor Gallery Done!
20. Discover 10 new albums Ben Howard, Laura Marling, Florence and the Machine, Mumford and Sons, Frank Turner
21. Plant a passion flower
22. Write 5 new children's poems
23. Throw another impromptu party Done! Lovely fireworks party in the garden.
24. Sew something
25. Grow pumpkins
26. Film the children Done!
27. Blog every week without fail
28. Make bird feeders for the garden Done!
29. Take the children to sing carols somewhere
30. Drink hot chocolate on a cold beach Done!
31. Cook and eat a meal outdoors in winter
32. Try a Zumba class Done! (Well, I got it for the Wii)
33. Read 3 classic novels
34. Make a photobook Done!
35. Make elderflower cordial
36. Finish writing Dirty Daniel, the Stinky Spaniel (my children's book that's been a work in progress for about 8 years)